Storyline vs. Powerpoint

Oct 07, 2020

I have been using PowerPoint for quite a number of years and am now working with Storyline. When I added the Articulate software, it created an Articulate add-in in PowerP0int. If I have this in PowerPoint do I need to use Storyline for anything?

1 Reply
Katie Riggio

Welcome aboard, Michael!

The answer to this question depends on your needs. Let's explore each authoring app together:

• Storyline 360: With this tool, you can build E-learning content with any type of custom interactivity. It features slide layers, triggers, states, and more.
  • Presenter 360: This tool is ideal for quickly transforming PowerPoint slides into an E-learning course. It works right in PowerPoint, where you can easily add narration, annotations, form-based interactions, quizzes, and more. You also have the option to import your Presenter slides into Storyline!

Lastly, here's a great resource that covers different types of projects and which app is best for the job: Why You Need the Apps in Articulate 360 and When to Use Them

Let me know if any more questions pop up! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.