Storyline360 Print Slide trigger

May 02, 2023

Hi,

I have created a button in my SL360 course that has the print slide trigger attached.  In Chrome browser the print dialoged box appears when I click the button and the certificate looks and prints as it should.

In Firefox however, a large white box appears over the slide.  If I close the print dialog box and click the button the 2nd time the box disappears and you can see the certificate properly.  Has anyone else experienced this? 

I have attached a screenshot of the white box that appears to be covering the certificate. 

Thanks.

7 Replies
Steven Benassi

Hi Melanie!

Thanks for sharing the screenshot! I'd be happy to help troubleshoot why a white box sometimes appears over your published Storyline 360 slides!

I just had some clarifying questions first:

• Is this issue occurring with all of the courses you publish and view in Firefox or just this one specifically?
  • Do you have any Firefox plug-ins or apps that appear "always on top" (You can try disabling them and see if the issue still occurs).

Based on the image you provided, it seems like it could possibly be an unresolved notification or pop-up window local to the Firefox browser itself, but I would need to do some further testing to be sure.

Are you willing to share your project file here in the discussion or privately through a support case? We’ll delete it from our system once troubleshooting is complete!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Melanie Buckler

This is my first time using the print slide feature.  This seemed like a simpler way to print the certificate without the need for all the custom JS, etc.  So, it's just this course that is having the issue.  I did create a 2nd test course and I can replicate the FF issue there as well.

Our QC person first detected the issue so I know it is visible to others. 

I do not have any of those FF plugins that you mentioned. 

I just created a Support Case (03637189) that you can review. 

Thanks. 

It works fine in Chrome but not in FF. 

Jose Tansengco

Hello Beth, 

I took a look at Melanie's support ticket and it is still open, but I'll be glad to take a look at your project file to see what's going on. 

Would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a look at what's happening? We'll delete it when we're done testing!

Julia Allen

I'm having the exact same problem as the others above. I've attached a screenshot of the print window and a two-slide Story file that you can use for testing. Here's the link to the certificate in Review360: https://360.articulate.com/review/content/9a51d455-0ff1-49c4-9109-053054629108/review

Steven Benassi

Hi Julia!

Sorry to hear you are also encountering the same issue where a white box obscures part of your slide on certain browsers when trying to print!

We are tracking a possible bug that causes a white rectangle to cover most of a slide when trying to print a slide in Firefox. I've included your voice in the report and will update this discussion as soon as there is any news to share about this.

Thanks for reaching out!