Strange Dark Lines at top or bottom of Storyline 360 module

Dec 29, 2016

Hi all, 

It's been awhile, but I've recently been trying out Articulate 360 and I really dig it.

I've developed a piece to walk users through our new LMS. Lots of stuff going on in this piece, but I'm really only having one issue. The mysterious appearance of dark lines at the top and/or bottom of the module player when viewed in browser. Not sure what's going on here. 

Here's what it looks like previewing the slide in Storyline...

Playing back in Storyline

and here it is in the browser after being published...

in browser after published

See the thin blackish line above the logo in the slide? What gives?

I've even gone back in and added a white shape in the back of everything in case I was missing something. Nothing. I also tried cropping the top of the imagery in case there was something there. Nothing.

Anyone know?

17 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Kyle,

That's strange, indeed. Is this happening with any file or just this file? Can you confirm that you are working from your local hard drive as detailed here? Also, how are you viewing the published output - on a web server or in an LMS?

If you've confirmed that you're working locally and are still seeing this issue, would you mind sharing your .story file here so we can take a closer look? You can use the Add Attachment button at the bottom of the reply window. 

Alexander Kimball

The one showing the line is from the file playing back from our LMS. The first image is from within the preview function in Storyline 360.

Here's the .story file...

There's much trickery involved in the .story file in order to make it function correctly, but I'm sure we're all familiar with that. ;)

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Kyle,

Thanks for sharing your file here. I published your content to LMS (HTML5 with Flash Fallback) and uploaded it to SCORM Cloud. I did notice the thin line when viewing with HTML5, but not with Flash. I viewed the content in Chrome - you can view the published content here

I have contacted our Support Engineers to investigate this further, since I am not seeing anything in your file that would create a thin line at the top of the screen. You should hear form one of our engineers shortly!

Leslie McKerchie

Hey Daniel - Are you using Storyline 360 as well? I took a look at the case mentioned above and it seems that the issue may actually be a Chrome issue. This has been a while back and I know we've had some Chrome updates, so please feel free to share your .story file if you need us to take a look. If you cannot share here in the forums, you are welcome to share here privately.

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Joel and Stefanie.  I'm happy to try and help.  You mentioned that this is happening only on a few slides.  Are there any player elements that are custom for these slides?  Are these slides using a particular master layout?

Feel free to share your .story files for me to test and try to reproduce.  You can attach here in the discussion or use this private link.  Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.