Strange slide size issue in Articulate 360

Jun 09, 2020

I'm having a strange problem with random slide size changes in Articulate 360.  I have a little 6 slide program.  When I move from slide 1 to slide 2, there is a zoom-like effect, with slide 2 getting larger.  Moving from slide 1 to slide 3, there is no zoom-like effect.  In all, moving in a linear path from 1 to 2 to 3, etc., every other slide changes size in an A-B-A-B-A-B pattern. I've measured the slides and they are all exactly the same size.  I didn't put a zoom effect in place, and don't find one in the timeline. I have added new, rebuilt the slides and deleted the old ones.  The ONLY thing I can see where there is a difference is that in the slide build area, slides 1, 2 and 5 have scrollbars, but there is no scrolling movement.  Slides 3 and 6 have scrollbars with the ability to scroll slightly, and slide 3 has no scroll bar. Unfortunately the scrollbar changes doesn't correspond with the size changes.  Any thoughts?  I'm stumped!  Thanks for any suggestions.

10 Replies
Willa Jessee

Sam, yes. I set this up as a demo file to be viewed as a video.  Only some links work, so here is the link to the video.  It's not too long, a little over 2 minutes and I apologize that you can't click around.  I added a final slide showing what I mean when I say the scroll bars are not uniform in the slide build area.  Everything isn't perfect yet in the slides, but I've been stuck on this zoom thing for a while.

Thanks for your thoughts.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aBa6n51Yz1mk6qVAIBVqzH7ctS8LTlp5/view?usp=sharing

Sam Hill

Hi Willa, I went through the module and didn't see any issue with slides zooming etc. Here's my recording. https://360.articulate.com/review/content/9e699981-1cd6-4d60-92ec-dfc31fa886b3/review

I did find it a little difficult to navigate in some places. I think you might need a Reset to initial state on slide 1.3 gtts per minute, as you can't navigate back to it as it jumps you to the next slide all the time if you've reached the end.

Willa Jessee

Sam, thank you for your help.  It's still jumping around on my screen. I thought since it worked for you, maybe it was some instability because I didn't have it on my C drive, but it didn't work for me even when I moved the zipped file I sent you down into C. It's really frustrating- This is the only one of my programs that does this. I guess it could be a manifestation of the death of my computer- I have been having sound problems this week, as well. I do appreciate your time.

This was set up as a demo. I planned to make a video following only the path I wanted - that's why you had trouble navigating. I just wanted to highlight the features, not provide a complete working product.  

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.