Stuck when reviewing questions in 360

Jan 04, 2017

Hello Fabulous Heroes! 

I have three sets of questions in three separate scenes. The questions all work great until a user decides to go back and review. At this point, the layers used to propel the user to the next scene do not show up. The Next button is there but I have no way of controlling it ON REVIEW. 

I found this Screenr by Becky very helpful and I created a variable and the triggers. At minute 3:30 in this Screenr, Becky removes the Next button and her trigger stays. Mine, in Storyline 360, does not stay, leaving me no way to control that Next button to tell the user to jump to the next scene. 

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all in advance. 

5 Replies
Jane Maduke

Sorry, I should have said that my trigger stays but the Next button part of that trigger is removed. After I remove my next button, the trigger says, "Jump to 5.1 when the user clicks ___ If Q49Viewed is equal to True" where 'Q49Viewed' is my variable. The blank is where the Next button should be. Thanks again!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi again Jane!

Instead of Becky's Screenr which was for Storyline 1, try this solution from Nicole Legault (I included her steps below). Since Storyline 360 automatically skips content slides within the same scene, you do not need to create a variable. 

• On the last question in Scene 1, click the Slide Properties button in the Layers pane. (the little gear icon)
  • Select the option for Next button to appear. (Before this, it should only have Submit button selected)
  • This will automatically create a Trigger to 'Jump to next slide when next button is clicked'. in the Triggers pane.
  • Change the link from 'next slide' to the next question in the next scene.
  • Copy the trigger you just created, then go back into slide properties and Uncheck the Next button. (This will remove the trigger you just created)
  • Paste the trigger back in to the Trigger pane. Although the Next button has been removed, the option for the next button still remains in the trigger.

I tested these steps in a Storyline 360 file, and it works! I've attached the file for you to review here. 

Jane Maduke

Alyssa! You rock! A simple and elegant solution. I have implemented and tested this in the first of my scenes and it works! (I removed my variable and its triggers.)

This is why I use Storyline! This community is beyond compare. You came up with a solution for me within hours and before my client call. I couldn't be happier! Thank you so much. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.