Submitting results to LMS

Mar 19, 2014

Ok so I want to do a couple of things

1) As participants go through the quiz they should only be able to answer a question once

[I've set each question slide to one attempt]

2) On the results slide I want to allow people who get less than the pass mark (%75) to retake the whole quizz up to 3 times.

3) If they replay a fourth time that result should not be submitted to the LMS.

[I've set a variable called attempts that gets plus one every time the results slide timeline starts, after that I submit the results if the attempts variable is less than 3].

However here is the problem if the participant replays the storyline 4 or 5 times those results are submitted as well. Should having a variable condition on a submit results trigger work in this situation?

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Matthew,

I can't say that I've seen a variable condition on a submit results trigger and haven't tested it out, but if you're looking at limiting their overall quiz attempts, wouldn't you want the user to only have a total of 3 attempts anywhere and therefore not be able to try a 4 or 5th time? There is a method described here, which sounds like what you're setting up. 

Matthew Bourne

Hi Ashley

Yes I think we'll take that route.

The client wanted users to be able to retake as many times as they wanted but only score up to the third one.

I'm not sure if that is so important thought.

We'll see what they say.

I think it might be worth getting your engineers to test this though as it appears like it should work.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.