Survey Question

Nov 17, 2023

I need to attach a question to a course and be able to report on the responses. They need to check one of: Yes, No, I already did it. I need to be able to report to Compliance how they responded.

I'm looking at the pre-built options in Storyline but I don't see an option where you don't have to say one of the responses is "correct". I have 1 question with 3 possible responses and no response is correct; they just need to pick one of the 3. 

Can anyone suggest how I can create what is basically a survey question that I can report on? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank
Rosemary

4 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hello Rosemary,

Thanks for reaching out!

You can design your own custom question slide in Storyline 360 and store the value of the answer to a variable. Afterwards, you can follow this guide to send the value of the variable to your LMS for reporting: 

Alternatively, you can also make use of the built-in survey question slide shown here: 

Make sure to include a Results Slide so your course can send the value of the survey slide to your LMS. 

Let me know if you have any questions on the implementation!

Rosemary Aylward

This is really helpful. Thank You!

I had found the Pick One but couldn't track the response. I didn't realize I needed a Results Slide. I'm working my way through the Results Slide Directions. When it says to Choose a Quiz Type, none of the options seem to apply to an ungraded Survey Question and it is asking me for a passing score. Do I leave it set to Final Assessment so it is tracked in the LMS and what do I do about the passing score? I would have thought selecting Survey would have disabled those features. 

On the Reporting and Tracking Options screen, I checked LMS and checked Report to LMS.

Do I also need to do something on the LRS screen?

Thank you so much for your help!

Rosemary

Lauren Connelly

Hello Rosemary!

If you'd like the LMS to track the quiz, I recommend choosing the Final Assessment quiz type. If you'd like a quiz that isn’t scored or tracked by your LMS/LRS, then you'll want to choose Knowledge Check.  You can read more about each option in this article.

If you'd like us to test your file on our end, can you upload the .story fie to this discussion or privately in a support case?