Talking head video not syncing when published to mp4 in SL 360

Aug 02, 2018

I have an issue with inserting a talking head video into a SL 360 course. It looks great in Articulate Review, but when published as an mp4, the words no longer sync with the talking head and it looks like you're watching a foreign movie with English translation. BTW: the published mp4 will be shown on a 40" TV/monitor. (Publish settings are attached.)

Need help!

7 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Janis!  We are investigating an issue where the audio and video fall out of sync on slides where transition is applied once you publish to .mp4.  Does the video slide have a transition?

If not, would you be able to share your file with me for testing?  You can add it as an attachment right in this discussion.

Dörte Engelkes

Hi, was there any solution found for this problem? ...Obviously not, because I still have the same problem: When I integrate a video (including scenes with talking people) in a sl360-project, it is okay and synchronous in the preview-mode. It is okay and synchronous in the scorm-mode (placing as a moodle course), BUT: it is awfully asynchronous after exporting/publishing it as a mp4-video. For me as a filmmaker it is inacceptable. What is the solution?

Andrea Koehntop

Hi Dörte, and welcome to the E-Learning Heroes community! ✨

I apologize for your issues with your audio falling out of sync when publishing to mp4.

Could you confirm if your video has any transitions

The only current workaround is to remove the transition in the slide, if possible, and to publish again to mp4.

If that does not fit or solve the issue you are experiencing, please open a support case with us so we can further assist you. 

Dörte Engelkes

Hi Andrea,

I am using the german version of sl360. That's why I am not exactly sure
which option you mean: Do you mean with 'transition' the stuff, I
screenshot in the attached image?

Best,

Doerte

- - - -
n e w s
- - - -

AUSZEICHNUNG "DIGITALE ORTE NIEDERSACHSEN"

audinfilm wurde von der Jury des Niedersächsischen Ministeriums für
Wirtschaft, Arbeit, Verkehr und Digitalisierung mit der Urkunde
„Digitaler Ort Niedersachsen" für die Entwicklung und Produktion
digitaler Bildungsangebote ausgezeichnet.

link didab - Digitale Bildung für Menschen mit Behinderung [1]

Dörte Engelkes

Hi Joe,

thanks for the screenshot! It is what I thought: the german term is
Übergänge and I didn't use any transitions, so this is not the problem.
I tried to open a case, but it was not possible.. always received the
answer, that I can't open a case..

what to do now?

Best,

Doerte

- - - -
n e w s
- - - -

AUSZEICHNUNG "DIGITALE ORTE NIEDERSACHSEN"

audinfilm wurde von der Jury des Niedersächsischen Ministeriums für
Wirtschaft, Arbeit, Verkehr und Digitalisierung mit der Urkunde
„Digitaler Ort Niedersachsen" für die Entwicklung und Produktion
digitaler Bildungsangebote ausgezeichnet.

link didab - Digitale Bildung für Menschen mit Behinderung [1]

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Dörte.

I'm sorry to hear you were unable to open a support case! 

I went ahead and opened one on your behalf, so you should hear from our team soon via email.

I just wanted to add a quick note: it looks like your signature came through when you replied via email. You can remove it by clicking 'Edit' below your response. Here's a quick Peek 360 video if you need help.