Timeline issue

Jul 19, 2023

Hi,

I'm making a project in storyline where I have characters appearing at different times on the timeline. I have the timeline set so that the character will appear at XX time. For some characters they are coming on at the start of the slide and staying on for the full slide even though the timeline says to come on at 30 seconds. Other characters are working fine, coming on when they are set up to.

I can find no pattern to this. It's not a specific character, it's not a specific slide, they are all set up the same way, some slides have the working characters and the broken ones on them. I'm not sure what is going wrong.

I'm using the most up to date version of storyline.

Thanks

6 Replies
Eric Schaffer

I guess my first question would be how are you making them appear. Is it by a trigger that changes them from hidden to normal. Or is it where you have them placed on the timeline? 

If they are placed at the beginning of the timeline and they don't have the correct triggers they will appear when the timeline starts. If they are placed along the timeline they should appear until the timeline reaches that point.

Also are you looking at the slide in a review or just running the timeline. 

Eric Schaffer

OK, looking at this all 6 should appear at the same time. 00:31.2. And they should stay until the end. 

To change this, you can move each one to the time you want them to appear. To make them disappear, grab the arrow at the end of the timeline and drag it to when you want them to disappear. 

Eric Schaffer

OK then. Not sure what is happening. Without seeing the full slide I'm not sure what is triggering them to appear from the beginning. 

You might want to reach out to someone at Articulate. They have a confidential file transfer site to look at these things. Unless you feel safe with contacting me directly and sending me the file.