TIP: Let the user choose their path
The attached file demos how to let users choose a unique path through a course based on their role or other circumstance.
Here's a quick explanation of how it works:
- The path is controlled via a number variable called Path. The default value is 0. (Alternately, one could use a text variable and have the value change to a name, phrase, or other text string.)
- When the user selects one of the radio buttons on the first slide, the corresponding number is assigned to the Path variable.
- If a slide is used by more than one path, there are multiple Next triggers that use conditions based on the value of the Path variable.
- If a slide is only used by one path, there is only one Next trigger, and it doesn’t need a condition.
- The demo file only uses two simple paths. However, more paths could be created by adding the needed radio buttons and triggers.
UPDATE: See my comment below for a sample that adds a custom menu.