Tracking Options

Aug 30, 2023

Hi, I am having trouble getting my course to track the completion correctly. This is the first time I have had a module that has a quiz and a declaration, and I need both to be completed/agreed to, to deem the course complete.

On the Tracking Options I have both 'When the learner has viewed # of slides' and 'When the learner completes a quiz'.

Total Slides is 14 and if the person disagrees to the declaration, they only visit 13 slides, but when I put the course into the LMS it is marking the person as complete when 'I disagree' is selected. 

Can someone please help as to what I am doing wrong.

Thank you in advance.

2 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Leith,

Happy to help! 

If your course makes use of multiple tracking options, its important to note that whichever option a learner completes first is the one that gets reported to your LMS/LRS. You can read more about this behavior here: 

You'll want to make sure that no other completion criteria is being fulfilled before your learners complete viewing 13 slides, otherwise, your course will send a completion mark to your LMS.

If no other completion criteria is being fulfilled by your course, would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a closer look at the tracking options you are using? We'll delete it when we're done testing!

Judy Nollet

It sounds like the declaration comes after the quiz. You could require them to pass the quiz before they get to the declaration, and then just use the declaration for completion. 

• On the Failure layer of the quiz Results slide, add a trigger that changes the state of the Next button to disabled when the layer's timeline starts. That will prevent the user from continuing if they fail the quiz.
  • On the Success layer, add a trigger that changes the state of the Next button to Normal. That will allow them to continue to the declaration. 
  • On the declaration, add a Complete course trigger to whatever they click to "agree." 
  • Use that completion trigger to track completion of the course.

Note: This method doesn't send the quiz results to the LMS. However, because the user can't get to the declaration without passing, you'd know someone passed if they completed the course.

If someone doesn't complete the course, you won't be able to tell if they didn't pass the quiz or if they didn't agree to the declaration. But I'm guessing most folks will do what it takes to complete the course.

Another option is to create the declaration as a graded multiple-choice question. Give it its own Results slide. And also create a Results slide that calculates the other Results; use that one for tracking completion.