Translations don't get imported in sub-layers in some cases
We noticed that text in some sub-layers of one of our Storyline projects did not get imported from the translated Word document. I decided to create a very small single-slide course for testing. In the attached zip, you will find:
- test.story - the original English course
- test.doc - a "translated" export from test.story (all I did was add Xxx at the beginning of each string.)
- test.xlf - a "translated" export from test.story (all I did was add Xxx at the beginning of each target string.)
- test_Word_Imported.story - The project with test.doc imported.
- test_XLIFF_Imported.story - The project with test.xlf imported.
Notice how the text in the two sub-layers remains untranslated.
I use Storyline 360 v.3.9.13567.0
This is a pretty big deal, as we provide localization services, and this adds a lot of copy/paste work. (Imagine doing 10+ languages and having 30+ items not get imported.) We have seen this in many other projects as well.