Triggers

Mar 03, 2016

Hi all,

this may be a little long winded?

I want to create a menu system for a particular project.  I have got the majority of it working.  It is on the masters where needed and the mouse hovers and basic links work well.

What I want to do though, I can't get my head around at the moment.

For the basics, you move through slide by slide.  So on the menu the previous button has a trigger jump to previous slide.  That works easy enough, no problem.

However, there are some slides that use layers to show additional content.  Using jump to previous slide is annoying as it goes back too far.  I want it to close the slide layer and stay on the slide so they can click on other elements on the screen.

I wondered if there was some form of checking I could get a trigger to do?  So clicking on previous (my button for it on the menu) would take you back to the slide you came from, either to the previous slide or the base slide.

Hope that makes some sense, if not please ask for any additional information

5 Replies
Glenn Harris

A little clarification.

In the player triggers, it needs a name for the layer to hide if done the way Walt suggests.

I wanted to create a single menu at the top of the project.  The back button would either go back a slide or close the current layer.  It can't be named as there are on some slides with at least 5 layers.

I am working on market sensitive information so will not be showing my files and do not have the time to knock up an example file with the same complexity.

On the slide master is the menu.  It has 4 buttons, prev, next, home and exit.  They work as far as moving around slides.  However, I want the back button to behave differently when showing a layer on the slide.  Instead of going back a slide I want it to hide the layer.  I don't want to name every layer as I want to use this for 42 training modules and each layer will have different names.

What I want is some way to close current active layer, or to go back a slide if no layer is open.

This way I can build a template that others can use and everything is automatically set as far as the menu system is concerned.

Hope that helps

Glenn

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.