Triggers and Variables

Apr 29, 2016

I have 2 "paths" so to say on a course I have developed where the user has to chose between 2 options (Slide 1.3-MANUAL or CardReader CH1)to see how a specific system works. The thing is I would like the users to be able to go through both "paths" before officially exiting the course. I seem to be stuck on how to complete this. Can you help me please? Thank you.

I know I need some sort of true/false variable and trigger. I do not want them to be able to Exit the course until both (MANUAL and CardReader CH1) have been viewed.

3 Replies
Wendy Farmer

Hi Timothy

you could create two T/F variables 'manual' and 'CR' default to false.

Manual scene

On the final slide of Manual scenario add a trigger 'adjust variable 'manual' to True when timeline starts.

Create a layer or popup box explaining they need to complete both tracks before exiting the course

On next button add trigger to Show layer when user clicks Next on condition that Manual Not equal to True OR CR= Not equal to True.

On next button add trigger to Exit course (or go to final slide not sure of your setup) when user clicks next on condition that Manual=True AND CR=True.

Insert a button 'Click to view Card Reader' which returns user to first slide of Card Reader scenario.

Card Reader scene

On the final slide of Card Reader scenario add a trigger  'adjust variable 'CR'' to True when timeline starts.

Create a layer or popup box explaining they need to complete both tracks before exiting the course

On next button add trigger to Show layer when user clicks Next on condition that Manual Not equal to True OR CR= Not equal to True.

On next button add trigger to Exit course (or go to final slide not sure of your setup) when user clicks next on condition that Manual=True AND CR=True.

Insert a button 'Click to view Manual' which returns user to first slide of Manual scenario.

Hope that gives you an idea

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.