Troubleshooting Triggers

Feb 26, 2018

Hey all,

I'm having an issue with a few of my slides at the moment in a project I'm working on and am wondering if there is a document anywhere on troubleshooting triggers.

The issue I'm having is happening on 4 slides which were duplicated from another. 5 that were duplicated work fine and identically but these other 4 do not. All triggers are set up in the exact same way and I've troubleshooted as much as I can to my own knowledge but have not been able to solve the issue.

10 Replies
Walt Hamilton

Carla,

Can you please specify what you mean by function differently and work as expected?

Here's what I see:

All slides have the triggers on the base that show the Overused layer

Slides 3, 4, and 13 have triggers on all layers that allow you to show any of the Overused, Unskilled, and Remedies layers in any order repeatedly after you click on the base.

Slide 14 has triggers on the layers that allow you to show the Unskilled and Remedies layers once after you reach the Overused or Unskilled layer, but not move from Remedies to any other layer.

Slide 12 has triggers on the layers that allow you to show only the Remedies layer once you reach the Overused layer, and no others once you reach Remedies.

Slides 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 do not have triggers on the layers that allow you to show any other layer.

As Leslie said, the layers are missing the triggers to show each other.

Carla Barber

Hey Walt,

I see the same on my end but when I preview the scene the slides mentioned above are interactive even though no triggers show. When the Unskilled, Overuse and Remedies cards are clicked on they reveal their layer. Yet on the Informing and other slides where there are triggers displayed they don't interact past clicking on the base layer.

Hope this makes sense?

Walt Hamilton

I'm sorry; as I read my post I can see I was unclear in what I wrote.

I'm not describing the existence of the triggers, I'm describing the functionality of the slides. So when I say "slides have triggers that ..."  what I should have said is that when I preview and click on the slides, these are the actions that happen.

I'm not saying I looked for all the triggers, I'm saying I previewed and reported the actions of the slides.

Now that I look back, I see on slide 5, for example, that the Unskilled and Remedies layers have their triggers, but the Overused layer does not. They would work if you could get to them, but without the triggers on Overused, you cannot.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.