Unable to acquire LMS API

Nov 21, 2016

Hi, I've created a course in Storyline 2, and published it for LMS using SCORM 2004. The course publishes with no problem, and I am able to load it into Halogen (our LMS). When I try to launch the course I get this error: "unable to acquire LMS API, content may not play properly and results may not be recorded." There is some debug information (attached). I've also tried uploading to SCORM Cloud, and got the following Parser Warning: The Sequencing Control Mode 'Flow' was detected on a leaf node, but is only applicable to cluster nodes.

I am able to launch the course in Halogen, but the course doesn't close. I've used the default settings on the Results slide, setting the Pass score to 80.

Has anyone else had this happen?

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Eric,

In regards to the SCORM Cloud warning, you'll see that described here. It can currently be ignored and our team is still investigating, so I'll include this thread as a part of that report so that I can update you when there is additional information to share. 

As for the LMS API error, you may also want to take a look at the two suggestions in this older discussion. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.