Unable to log into Articulate360 - blank sign in box

Aug 28, 2019

I'm unable to log into my articulate desktop app (on Mac via parallels). When opening storyline, the usual sign in message appears. However, when I click on the sign in button, a blank box appears (instead of the usual username and password request). Can anyone help with this? I'm desperate to log in because I can't access any of my work!

Thank you!!

25 Replies
Erin Flage

I had the same issue.  I closed all my SL windows and quit the Articulate 360 app and reopened it and then was able to sign in.

Check out this thread where similar issues were reported. issues https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/articulate-storyline-360-sign-in-error-recurring

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Julia and Kelley,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know that you're running into an issue signing in.

Here are the common reasons that you may run into this issue.

As Erin mentioned, we did have an issue on 8/27 and completely quitting the Articulate 360 app is the recommended solution prior to logging in again.

Please let us know if you're still running into an issue.

Julia Wolf

Yes, still unable to log in - I’ve updated my laptop, restarted it several times and have shut down windows separately.
I was advised to uninstall the app but am concerned whether my work will still be saved? I presume previously saved projects are on a cloud based platform?

Thanks for all your help!

Sent from my iPhone

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Julia,

I saw in your case with Robert you mentioned updating, and now you're having trouble getting back to those projects. The individual .story files are not saved within the Articulate 360 tool or service, but to your individual computer. We recommend saving them locally, but often folks are saving to a network/shared drive which can cause some difficulty. 

I'll follow up with Robert too and we'll work together to ensure you can find and access those files again! 

Katie Riggio

Hi there, Melissa. Restarting each time does sound frustrating, and I'm so glad you reached out!

Because you're running into this issue recently, this is an excellent opportunity for our Support Engineers to investigate further!

I opened a case with them where you should receive a follow-up email shortly–and since you have a Teams subscription, you'll get access to priority support!

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Marta and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

I took a look at the cases associated with the other users in this conversation and the fix was different for each, so I do not have a common solution to share with you.

I have saved you a step by opening up a support case on your behalf so that we can get you back in working order as well. You should be hearing from someone soon.

Erik Eckblad

Hi everyone.  I have a similar situation.

Our group subscription ended, I tried to reopen before I knew there was an issue, and then the subscription was renewed.  But now, when I go to log into Articulate 360, I only get a blank screen.  There are no entry windows allowing me to log in.  Please help.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Erik,

Thanks for letting us know what's going on and I'm sorry for the trouble.

• Close the Articulate 360 desktop app (double-click on the red X and then head over to the system tray. Right-click on the Articulate logo and select Quit).
  • Please restart the machine and then try signing in again.

Let me know if you see any improvements from there!

Erik Eckblad

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/articulate-storyline-360-sign-in-error-recurring
Hi all, I found a solution at the link above.  My firewall was preventing me from seeing the sign in screen.  Turning that off allowed me to get into Articulate and sign in. Woo-hoo!  Good job, hero community.

kathleen murphy

Hi I am having this same issue since I got my new laptop yesterday. I just get a blank screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, rebooted, tried to sign in as administrator and NOTHING works. I have a deadline Monday and I have to have Articulate. How do I open a ticket and get immediate help please!!!!!!

Brooke Winston

I am having this issue as well. After restart, I was able to get the input fields for email and passwords to display, but every time I try to log in, this is what I get:

(I also entered an incorrect password one time on purpose just to see if that would change things, and a different error displayed saying my username or password was wrong. So I know I'm entering the correct password to receive the error listed above)

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Brooke,

Sorry for the trouble you've had! I didn't see an open Support case for you yet, so I went ahead and opened one. This will allow our team to look into the specifics of your account and installation to get you back on track.

Stay tuned for an email from Support@articulate.com!