Urgent help from Articulate 360 team. Losing slides

Feb 23, 2022

Hello,

I have been working with a team member with a simulation we are building from scratch. We have simulated an work flow process with screen captures and hotspots. We lost over 61 slides last week and today we lost over 3 days worth of rework to redo the first slides being deleted. I need assistance urgently. Thank you 

4 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Jonathan, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes. 😊

I appreciate you reaching out to share what you are currently experiencing.

You may be able to find a previous version of your project in your temp files. Here's how to check:

1. Open this folder in Windows Explorer: %appdata%\Articulate\Storyline
  2. Scan the contents of this folder for a file that starts with the name of your project. If you find one, copy it to your desktop. If you find more than one, copy the latest version to your desktop.
  3. Change the file extension of the copy on your desktop from *.tmp to *.story.
  4. Double-click the file to open it in Storyline.

Consider using the preventative measures described in this article to protect your project files.

Jonathan Shannon

I have found other chats that have had the same issue. is this a know Articulate issue where files are corrupted or lost, or is this a company issue where the files are just not stored correctly? The reason i ask this is we are going to start producing a large number of simulations with other departments and if this keeps happening over and over.. and the platform is not stable, we may not be able to use this product.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Jonathan,

It's no underlying cause that we've been able to pinpoint since most customers fit into one of the categories in the link that I shared with you.

I did fail to mention that I opened a support case for you to work directly with one of our support engineers, but I can see that you are already working with Jose.