Variables

Dec 06, 2012

Hello!

I am having some difficults setting variables in storyline.

To make sure that the users are seeing one specific slide - with buttons that, when clicked, show some hidden layers -, i setted a numeric variable that give 1 point for each button that he or she visited. When it reachs to 10 (the number of buttons), the "next button" became available. The problem is that if he clicks 10 times in the same button he/she receives the same 10 points and is ready to go. There´s a way to it happens only once for each button? Can I reach this by other way?

Please help me

Thanks,

Vitor

4 Replies
Vitor Pissaia

Hi Annie,

Unfortunally yes. When I put the "Visited" state to show the "next" button I have to disable the layer option "Hide other slide layers" and the animation get messy. Beside that, the Articulated change the normal state to the visited state on the click, and not when the animation is over. The advantage of the numerical variable is that I can put the trigger on a close button at the end :/

Maybe I could make it with the true/false, but I couldnt achieve to set multiple T/F variables to work together.

Vitor

Vitor Pissaia

Hi Phil,

Yeah, I don´t noticed that. Is my first atempt to use variables so I´m kind of lost. Fortunally a managed to resolved this situation by making a custom state - that I can control when it changes, unlike the visited that happens under a pre-programed condition - and then using the numerical variable. I think that it would be equally sucessfull with the "changed state", but I already have the numerical variable seted, so...

I am in kinda of a hurry to delivery this, but when I finish it I swear I put the file here to future doubts.

Thank you very much Phil and Annie

Vitor

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.