Variables not working

Oct 04, 2023

Hey all! I have attempted troubleshooting this issue for hours and I cannot make it work! I tried new variables, states, layers, etc. Anyway, what I am trying to do is just to show a finished layer once the learner has visited every slide. I set a variable for each slide to change to true once visited and set a trigger to show the finished layer once all of those variables are true but it will not show. 

Can anyone help to locate the issue here? Thank you in advance.

2 Replies
John Cooper

Hi Brea

There are a couple of issues:

(1)

you have the "Jump to slide" trigger set before you update the "card_visited" variable on each of the card slides meaning you jump back to the tools slide before the variable is updated in each case.

(2)

I'm not sure your show layer "Finished" when the variable Order_visited changes trigger will work as you have it because the variable  Order_visited is changed when you are viewing the card slide and not the tools slide where you have put the trigger. So the variable changes in the card slide - you return to the tools slide but it has already changed!

I've suggested an alternative method of just showing the finished layer when the timeline starts if all card slides have been visited - I think this works as you intendedit to...

Best of luck, John