Very slow import import in Storyline 360

Oct 12, 2023

I have a short (10 slides) ppt file I want to import.  It scans the slides ok but seems to be getting stuck afterwards- I'm at 45 mins at the moment and still only 20% through.  Am on the latest version of storyline 360

10 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hello Rachael,

Glad to see you're getting help from the community! If the issue persists for you, please open a case with our support team and share your PowerPoint file here so we can take a closer look at what's happening. There's a chance that a single slide is causing the importing issues you're experiencing and identifying and removing that slide might help to remedy the behavior. 

Let us know how it goes!

Jose Tansengco

Hi Geoff,

I'm sorry to hear that you ran into this issue as well. I can confirm that I can import more than 5 slides into Storyline 360, so the behavior might be different depending on the files being imported. 

Would you be willing to share a copy of your PowerPoint file here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a closer look at what's happening? We'll delete it when we're done testing!

Bridget Donovan

I find this slow import continues to be a frustrating user issue. I've been using Articulate Storyline for more than 10 years and the software still behaves this way. I wonder if Articulate has compiled any guidance to users from their tech support case findings from resolving users' issues around slow PPTX imports. 

Luciana Piazza

Hi Bridget, 

Thanks for reaching out! I'd like to share some questions my teammates have shared to see if we can narrow down the issue for you. 

The time it takes to import a Powerpoint file into Storyline will depend on how large the file size is and the number of slides, images, animations, and other media it contains. 

• Are you working from a local hard drive? Working on a network drive can cause erratic behavior. 
  • Which version of Powerpoint are you using?
  • Have you attempted a repair of Storyline 360? Here are the instructions.

If you're still experiencing this we'd be happy to take a closer look at your file within a support case.  

Looking forward to hearing from you!