Video and audio not syncing in Published file (Storyline 360)

Sep 08, 2023

I import PPTX files into Storyline 360 (on local drive). Each slide had a video with audio (mp4). Everything ran smoothly in Preview. I then published it to Review 360 and noticed that one of the Videos was not syncing with the audio, so I asked the author to re-record the slide. I imported it again, published it and the syncing was fine.

Then I made some other minor changes, published to LMS SCORM file, and on a different slide now the video and audio are not syncing. I re-imported the slide. When I run it in Preview it is fine, but it is only when I publish (to Review 360 or LMS) that something seems to go wrong.

Has anyone any idea what this could be?

3 Replies
Kelly Auner

Hi, Carol!

Great call re-importing the slide and test publishing to Review as well as your LMS. I'm happy to continue troubleshooting to get this solved!

I'm curious if this only happening with this specific course, or all courses with audio/video. If you're willing to share your file with us, we can certainly do further testing. You can upload it here or share it privately in a support case. When we're done troubleshooting, we'll be sure to delete it from our systems!

Kelly Auner

Hi Carol,

Thanks for providing these details! I see you've connected with my teammate, Mark on this. You're in excellent hands, and we'll continue the conversation there in your support case!

If anyone is experiencing something similar, this article may be a good starting point! If the issue persists, you can get in touch with our talented Support Engineers, here!