Windows accessible navigation incomplete in SL360?

Oct 16, 2023

Because I can't find a guide on making my own shortcuts, I thought I'd use the Windows alt navigation built into SL360 instead. By this I'm referring to the little underlines that appear on almost every menu option when you hit the alt key. I can, f0r example, insert a web object into a slide by typing Alt, then N, then J.

I'd like to use this to insert objects under the "Insert > Audio" menu. When you open the dropdown under that button, the options all have an underlined character, showing they can be used with the alt-nav method, but when I type Alt,N,O it immediately opens the "add a new file" dialogue without allowing for other selections. This is also the case if I add "Audio" to the quick access toolbar. "Alt, 1" immediately opens the add-file dialogue without allowing sub-options.

Is this a bug?

Is there any update on this thread?

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/quick-access-toolbar-the-alt-function-does-not-work-with-the-insert-audio-button

1 Reply
Steven Benassi

Hi Andrew!

Thanks for reaching out!

Our team is still actively tracking a bug with the Quick Access Toolbar. The ALT function does not work with any insert Menu command. Testing the behavior on my end (Storyline 360 version 3.80.31058.0 via Windows Parallels on a Mac M1) I was able to reproduce the same issue.

I've linked this discussion to the bug report so you can be notified as soon as we have any updates or news to share. Thank you for your patience and we apologize if this has been slowing you down.