Word publish error in Storyline 360

Oct 20, 2017

I am again experiencing issues trying to publish to Word from SL360. I am getting a DLL missing error and then"The Visual Basic environment could not be initialized."

Anyone else having issues?

Thanks,

Lynette

4 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Sorry that's happening, Lynette! I'll try and help you sort this out, and I have a few questions to start:

• Are you on the latest update of Storyline 360? To check, click the Help tab, then click About Storyline. You should see 3.9.13567.0 in the bottom-right corner. 
  • Does this happen when you publish any Storyline 360 file, or just one file in particular?
  • Are you working from your local hard drive?
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Lynette,

Are you on the latest update of Storyline 360? What version of Word are you using? The system requirements for Storyline are detailed here so at minimum you'll want to use what's outlined there. 

Could you confirm that you're .story files, and the Word docs are being saved/created locally? If so and you're still running into issues I'd look at going through the repair steps documented here next. 

Lynette Kramer

Alyssa, the first thing I did was check for updates. Yes, I am using the latest SL360. I was able to publish a Word doc on 9-15-17 so it did work at one time. I tried publishing the exact same version of the project that was successful and it also failed. I am working from my local hard drive.

Ashley, I've gone through the repair steps and am still experiencing the same errors.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.