Working with SCOs
I am a sco newbie and am hoping someone can help jump start my learning curve.
I created two scos. Then I created a free account on scormcloud and uploaded them. The both appear on the side bar page in the cloud. When I click the first sco, it loads my storyline 2 and runs. When I click the last button in that course, it shoulds advance me to my my transition "glue" sco, but it doesn't.
I think my understanding and therefore my sco logic is messed up somewhere along the way.
So, I have a couple of questions for you all..
1. First, do I need to use a tool like captivate for their sco "package" abilities or does storyline offer the same packaging options for building scos?
2. Do I need to make "glue" scos that contain the transition content from one sco to the next?
3. Now that I have a bunch of LO sco's and glue, how do I assemble them so they run in the proper sequence? Do I combine them in the proper sequence in the sco packager from Captivate/Storyline/Dreamweaver (like adding pdf files to an existing pdf and saving)? And then, upload the assembled package to stormcloud and then scos will play out my course in the sequence the scos were added to the package?
4. Is building sco's & glue for re usability in eLearning really being used in practice today? It seems a good approach for reuse and for breaking apart 3 hr courses, but I haven't found many people in my next of the woods who know anything about it. Are sco's ready for primetime?
5. For those of you who do use sco's, what LMS's are you using? Likes, dislikes... advice? Anybody using Tin Can API?
Thank you in advance!