xAPI | The Goal: Learners submit their email address in Storyline 360. Using an LRS, I would work to auto send communication as a post training booster

Oct 11, 2023

Hi all, 

I've been researching a bit on xAPI. I've never implemented it, but I'm aware of the general functions and considerations. I'm strictly looking to use xAPI in 360 to have learners input their email addresses so that I can use the LRS to send post-training communication. Can someone advise on how to best complete this? Any suggestion or ideas is appreciated! 

Cheers, 

Ash

4 Replies
Kelly Auner

Hi Ash, and welcome to the E-Learning Heroes community!

This article will walk you through how to create custom xAPI statements in Storyline 360. For details on how to send post-training communication to learners using the LRS, you may want to connect with your LRS administrator to confirm! In the meantime, here are a few other resources that you may find helpful:

Jose Tansengco

Hi James, 

Your inquiry is achievable using Javascript! I've attached a sample file which shows how this can be done using text input boxes, variables, and some Javascript code. You'll want to make sure that you have a valid email client setup for the setup to work properly.

Hope this helps!