360 in practice

Jan 30, 2017

Hi, 

I have to ask if someone had the same problem. I built a course of 360 that is published and put in an LMS called Docebo. But when I open the course in mobile it doesn´t adjust your screen. The "picture" is bigger then the frame so that you have to scroll (see picture). It does not look good no matter how I adapt the course.  I have tried to contact Docebo whitout any sucess. Anyone know how to solve this?

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sabina,

Thanks for sharing the image here. It's difficult to tell that the image is cut off and you have to scroll from this alone, but it looks like you're seeing the Articulate 360 responsive player which is going to happen when you've enabled the  HTML5 publish and access on a mobile device. It shouldn't be cropping your images though but resizing the course as a whole to fit in the window with the player per the article and general recommendations here.  Depending on your original slide size, the black bar that you're seeing at the top or bottom will occur as the course isn't going to resize or redraw the overall layout as that would impact how things like text, images, etc. appear on the slide.

Our recommendation would be to set your slide size to whichever aspect ratio (device) you're targeting. So that's generally 4:3, 16:9,  or 16:10 as the most common device aspect ratio. There won't be on slide size that covers all devices so you'll want to think through what devices your users will be accessing the courses from. Once you set that in your project the slide's aspect ratio is fixed and it will scale to fit the screen, but it won't change aspect ratios. 

Hope that helps clarify and if the slide is still showing the scrolling within your mobile device, we'll want to get our Support Engineers to take a look at it. You'll want to upload a copy of the project file (prior to publishing) using the form here. 

Sabina Nunez

Thanks for fast reply! :) This course has the size 4:3. I have tried to chage the size but same problem is still there. I send a short video to see the problem better. 

I have two other questions:

1. Can I remove the reposive menu bar at the phone?

2. Can I customize the entire screen in vertical display?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sabina,

Thanks for the video - were you able to upload your file to our Support team as well? If not, please do so at your convenience so that we can take a look at the scrolling behavior you're seeing.

There isn't a way to remove the responsive player while viewing in the mobile phones only, it's enabled automatically  if you have included any player elements in your course. If you didn't want to see it at all, you could look at having a "chromeless player" which means you remove any of the built in player items such as the menu, resources tab, and then the slide navigation such as the next/prev/submit buttons. You'd need to create custom navigation on the slide than to allow your users to advance. 

You can lock the course to only display in portrait/landscape when viewed on a mobile device. The directions on how to do so are here. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.