XAPI (Tin Can) exports are not working in Docebo (LMS)

Mar 28, 2018

At my company, we use only Storyline 360 and Rise to make all our eLearning courses. Recently we switched to a new LMS, Docebo, with all xAPI (TIN CAN) files.  We are running into the issue of none of the images are loading with our Rise courses.  Our Docebo support team tells the issue lies in the xAPI files.  Also, I can track learner records nicely with our storyline courses, but I get nothing with Rise.  Could there be an issue with how the file is exported in Rise compared to Storyline?

I should also note I can only edit Rise course in Chrome.  And the attached picture was myself taking a Rise in my LMS using Chrome. 

2 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi Kathryn!  Let me see where I can help.  I'm seeing four issues in your discussion:

• images not appearing when your Rise course is exported for Tin Can format and hosted in your LMS
  • question-level data not available from Rise
  • unable to edit Rise courses in other supported browsers besides Chrome

and
  • labeled graphic marker opening to a skinny box

To narrow down where the failure to load issues is beginning, can you upload your exported Rise output to SCORM Cloud and see if images are loading in that environment?

Question-level Data:
Rise doesn't currently send question-level data to an LMS. The good news is that it's on our feature roadmap. We don't have a delivery date for it yet, but I'll be sure to let you know as soon as it's available.

Authoring outside of Chrome:
Rise can be authored using the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Safari.  What are you seeing when you attempt to edit a course in a browser other than Chrome?  Let me know which browser, and if you can attach a screenshot, that would be super!

Skinny Marker:
I've seen a similar screenshot in another discussion, but I wasn't able to reproduce what you're seeing.  Can you tell me if you are viewing the Preview when authoring in Rise, the exported course in an LMS, or the course using the Share URL?  Also, it appears that the marker is very high up on the graphic.  Is that accurate?

Thanks, Kathryn!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.