6 Replies
OWEN HOLT

I have something similar in a course I'm developing. 
https://360.articulate.com/review/content/f76e09bd-6cd0-4933-94a1-1220619a079f/review

I'm not sure what Margit did, but here is how I moved my dial:

1. Off-screen, I move an object on a motion path at timeline start
  2. I have a Validation variable (controlled by the dial) that I increase by one when the motion path completes
  3. I repeat the motion path if the Validation variable (the dial) is less than my Target Variable (the user's score).
    So, each time I check and the dial hasn't reached the target, it moves one step closer. It will stop when the two values are equal.

Hopefully that helps.

OWEN HOLT

My current employer blocks document uploads to external sites but here are the three triggers:

Slide Triggers:
Move Triangle1 on LineMotionPath 1
     When the timeline starts (on condition)
     IF Dial1 is LessThan SelfAwareness_Baseline_Score

Triangle 1:
Add 1.00 to Dial1
     When the LineMotionPath 1 animation completes

Move Triangle1 on LineMotionPath 1
     When the LineMotionPath 1 animation completes (on condition)
     If Dial1 is Less Than SelfAwareness_Baseline_Score

Also, the off-screen animation has a relative start point and the shortest duration currently allowed of 00.10

margit g

Hi, I upload my file so you can have a closer look into how this works. It's a bit more complex then Owen described as I count up in steps of 5 until i nearly reach the result and then add 1 for the last numbers. That makes it a bit quicker as well, as Owen described the shortest time for a path animation is 0.10 at the moment.

D. Copenhaver great work you built that dial! Make sure you add an object on top of the dial or your learner can click the dial and move it to another number.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.