Course Design Suggestions

May 26, 2021

Good Morning,

It was suggested to me that I submit a course I created here to see what design ideas that may come my way.  The course is ladder safety and I started it with the question, "Why do we need to be reminded about ladder safety?".  I followed the question up with a video that demonstrates why we should use ladders safely.  The suggestion I received was to not start off with the video because the audience may not make the connection between the question and the video.  I open to any ideas that will make my training better.  I am not the most creative guy out there.  Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

https://rise.articulate.com/share/DHw6Mpu2tPzjJd4icOQ-2hRfNrMC33Vg 

5 Replies
Andy Houghton

I think I knew what was going to happen in the video even before I played it. The title kinda gave it away.

I think I'd start with a question. Something like. From what height do you think most fatal ladder accidents occur? Then have some options from the chart. They'd obviously have to guess at the answer - but that's the point. They'd probably go for something higher. 6-10 feet I think would surprise most people. 

Then go on to ladders are the most dangerous - again this could be a ranking question based on what they think. Rank these from the most to least dangerous working at height...

I'd also have an answer for 'All other sources' - just because I'd want to know.

Meeks David

Thank you very much. I like what you have suggested. I will see what I can do to make this better.

David Meeks

Safety Supervisor II
Georgia Pacific Crossett Paper LLC
Work 870-415-6304
Cell 870-500-8069

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career.
I've lost almost 300 games.
26 Times, I've been trusted to take the last shot and missed.
I've failed over and over again in my life.
And that is why I succeed.

Michael Jordan

Meeks David

Thank you for the heads up. That is all work info and I am okay with sharing.

David Meeks

Safety Supervisor II
Georgia Pacific Crossett Paper LLC
Work 870-415-6304
Cell 870-500-8069

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career.
I've lost almost 300 games.
26 Times, I've been trusted to take the last shot and missed.
I've failed over and over again in my life.
And that is why I succeed.

Michael Jordan