Course progress

Dec 13, 2017

Hi,

I am creating a tour of a building and the learner can navigate to any room from a building landing page.  This is not a linear program so you can't really apply sequential slide numbers.

Does anyone have an easy way to show progress through a course without slide numbers.  Something like percent complete?

Thanks,

Norma

2 Replies
Daniel Brigham

Hi, Njeanne: Elearning Heroes Challenge 60 concerns progress meters. It'll probably give you a few ideas. You might also use a map with certain rooms grayed out when they have been visited. Like maybe start at the beginning, presenting them the map, and when they select a room they are taken to that room.

After they visit that room bring them back to the main map, where it's indicated what they have visited and what they have not. 

I did something similar in my course on passenger safety. I presented a map, and when the learner clicked on a section, they were take there. Screenshot below. I also did a zoom and had some vehicle sound effects to create that feeling of motion. If you have a cool road map, you can often 86 the standard menu, as I did here. Hope that maybe gives you a few ideas.  

Road map

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.