Feedback for a Course
Aug 11, 2011
I've been a bit of E-Learning Heroes "stalker" and am AMAZED with the great tips that this community provides. My company has always used "traditional" PowerPoint presentations as eLearning. I am trying to take our eLearning to the next level. I want to make sure that this first "non-traditional" course is very captivating because if it doesn't land well with the higher-ups, I my lose my chance at creating anything other than the boring PowerPoint "look".
That said I have drafted my first non-linear (branching) course and started it with a mindmap, etc. This is totally different than the way we would normally do things, so I am very new to this. The presentation is about how to use software to enter safety concerns at a campus. The course covers real-world scenarios including questions that should be asked and then how to enter the incident in the software.
Anyone that has a moment, could you please take a look and provide any feedback to help me make this a better course? http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37915372/My_Presentation/player.html
A couple of notes about the course:
- It isn't finished! So, you'll notice things like: 1) The fact that there is a placeholder where I will put the assessment, but it isn't there yet. 2) Resources aren't clickable yet.
- I will be adding narration on some slides (especially the ones with the engage interactions) as well as sounds that occur when you click on a question and right/wrong answers.
- I have $0 budget for this course. So, instead of "real" photos, I went with illustrations because I have more of them available. What do you think of using illustrations?
- What do you think of the "look" and "feel" of the course? I used the color scheme from the website of the actual software (MySafeCampus).
- Is this engaging? What do you like? What do you not like? What would you suggest I do different?
Thank you in advance for helping me with my first "real" eLearning project!