How can I get up to speed in Articulate 360

Nov 09, 2016

Articulate 360 has so much in it—Storyline 360, Studio 360, Rise, Preso, Replay 360, Peek, Content Library, Articulate Review, and Articulate Live. How can I get up to speed quickly?

11 Replies
Trina Rimmer

Hi Phil. Thanks for the great question.

Articulate 360 gives you tools to simplify the entire course creation process, from content creation and sourcing assets to project reviews and multi-device publishing. You have everything you need to create beautifully designed, highly effective e-learning right at your fingertips.

There’s a lot here, so let’s break things down and talk about where you can find more detailed info if you need it!

So, from a 10,000 feet view, here’s how each of the Articulate 360 pieces work together to support your workflow:

• Author Courses: Storyline 360, Studio 360, Rise, Preso, Replay 360, and Peek are all powerful content creation tools. With all these apps at your fingertips, you’ll always have the right tool for every type of training you need to build.
  • Source Assets: Content Library gives you a way to quickly source and download beautiful, professionally designed templates and characters.
  • Get Project Reviewed: Need to get feedback on your course? Articulate Review gives you an easy-to-use, integrated platform for collaborating with project stakeholders, SMEs, and other reviewers.
  • Grow Your Skills: With Articulate Live you’ll have access to live, online training focused on all kinds of e-learning topics from leading experts such as Tom Kuhlmann.

These essential how-tos walk you through everything you need to know to for each Articulate 360 tool so you can get up to speed in a flash.

Lisa Smyser

Am I interpreting correctly that if I want to use custom variables, etc I would use storyline, but it would not be fully responsive? If I want fully responsive, I'm limited on the level of customization in the course using Rise? I'm trying to understand when/why I would use one tool over another, and if I would use any of them together with Rise.

Trina Rimmer

Hi Lisa. Thanks for sharing your question with us. Storyline 360 outputs content to a responsive player but the content itself maintains its aspect ratio. Since the relative position of content on a slide matters (for example, if you build a slide with a person pointing at a map, you don't want the map repositioned above the person's head when the slide is viewed on a phone), the responsive player adapts to the learner's screen size and orientation, but the content itself does not change position.

Things like variables that you create in Storyline should work beautifully in the responsive player. In fact, here's a sample course that uses some variables. I think it illustrates how the responsive player just works. I found it helpful to view this on my phone or with a tablet and then to compare it to the desktop version. 

If you’re looking to develop inherently responsive e-learning, Rise might be just what you need. Check out this sample course to see how a Rise course differs from a Storyline or Studio 360 course in the responsive player.

One final idea: Nicole Legault wrote this really nice article that walks through when to use each product in Articulate 360. Could be handy to bookmark and read when you have a few.

Lisa Smyser

Thank you Trina, that's a great article and exactly what I needed! Is it possible to subscribe to (or purchase) just Storyline 360 and not all the other tools? I looked at the pricing page and it looks like it's all or nothing, but I read somewhere in a comment that you can still purchase just Storyline. I'm just not sure if that SL2 or 360.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.