Inspiration Needed

Jan 30, 2017

Hello community members.  I am stuck and in need of some inspiration.  I have to storyboard a course, but I'm not sure how I want it to play out.  The client is one of our product distributors.  They sell our products in addition to many competitors.  The course is simple, "Why Rinnai?"  Why should the counter person recommend our brand over another to his customer?  I have lots of content, but I don't know how I want to make it available.

I appreciate any insight you may have.

Terry

1 Reply
Bob S

Have you thought about making it customer-centric?

What are the expressed needs (eg in the form of statements they may make, or answers they may give) that will lead the counter person to recommend the Rinnai product?

For example,...   if one of your product's key attributes is that it's more eco-friendly than most, what would the counter person need to see or hear from the customer to make them think Rinnai?  

Then after that need and connection are identified, give them a fact or two to share in plan benefit's related language (not just tech speak).

Remember that "customer' in this case could as easily mean consumer or plumber/contractors.  So focus on the most common needs and/or key differentiators for your products. Does this mean that your training may not tell them every last feature?  Yes... yes it does.   But if the sales/counter person can understand the clear niches and triggers for the product, and has an easy way to explain how the product addresses them..... the battle is mostly won.

Hope this helps,

Bob

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.