Integrate Articulate 360 with Wordpress and WooCommerce

Aug 18, 2022

So I got the Articulate 360 demo today to see if it could be a replacement for us. We are currently using the WordPress plugin LearnDash and are selling access to our courses with WooCommerce. It works really seamless. You purchase access and get the access directly from the WooCommerce Customer Account on our website.

We are just not very happy with the look of the courses and wanted to try out Articulate 360 that we heard a lot of good about. So I got the trial and tried creating a course. Very happy with how that works. But then I started to look into how we get it to our website to replace LearnDash. After a lot of searching around the internet I start realising that Articulate 360 isn't a full e-learning system. It's just a tool to create the content, and should be exported to a LMS system.

I then realise that LearnDash is a LMS system..BUT, not directly compatible with a third party tool like Articulate 360. So I learned that the course in Articulate 360 has to be exported in as for example SCORM format. And for that to work with LearnDash I need a third-party plugin? or something? Grassblade seems to be what I need? Here it starts to et confusing to me. Everything on Grassblade's website is about how much you can track the users, get reports, bla bla bla.. We don't need that. All we want is for our customer to get access to the course, be able to resume later, and in the end get a certificate.

Do we have to buy that Grassblade or similar plugins for just those things to work?

5 Replies
Math Notermans

Wordpress is a CMS ( Content Management System ), LearnDash ( or other alike plugins ...see here for some others... LMS Plugins ) make a LMS ( Learning Management System ) of it. Any LMS is compatible with tools that deliver Scorm or xApi output. Else its nothing worth.

Basically you could add your Scorm files in your WooCommerce part of WP and sell the courses. But alas it is not that simple.

Grassblade is a LRS ( Learning Record Store ) plugin used for xAPI courses, so you would not need it.

I use WP File Manager to add my courses to my Wordpress. And DiscoverElearnings Variable Magic plugin to get any variables i need from Storyline into Wordpress.
DiscoverElearning also can help you setup a Wordpress site exactly as you want /need.

JA Kompetens

You mention "Storyline". But I am using Articulate 360, not the Storyline tool. Edit: I know see it says "Rise 360".

What I hoped to accomplish is that my customers from their customer account on our website can just click on "Start course" or "Resume course" for the course they purchased and another window will open with the course. After they completed the course, a link to a digital certificate will be shown. That could be a LeranDash certificate of course.

But is this possible to accomplish with DiscoverElearnings Variable Magic plugin?

JA Kompetens

Not sure exactly what you mean with "put it in Woocommerce". There have to be an access process to the course for the user from the account and a certificate made automatically when the course is completed and passed. How is that supposed to be made without a LMS and connections between the course and the LMS?

Math Notermans

Ah yes the certification i forgot... indeed then Scorm (or xApi ) is needed...as you need user info and passed/completion for that. So you need to publish as Scorm, add that too WordPress with eg. WP File Manager, add the course to WooCommerce and sell it. Grassblade not needed for Scorm. Learndash or another LMS plugin only.