Job Posting: eLearning Instructional Designer – Jabil Circuit, Inc
May 04, 2012
Jabil Circuit, Inc. is seeking an Instructional Designer with a strong background in eLearning design and development. We have a wide variety of projects and clients, and need a creative and well-skilled individual to help round out the team. Our primary development tool is Articulate, but we also utilize a variety of additional programs; familiarity with Captivate, Photoshop, Flash, and a healthy technical and creative background are critical.
I've posted our job description below, and, if you're interested and meet the qualifications, more information as well as contact details can be found here: http://www.jabil.com/careers/index.html
Join Jabil's growing team of professionals
today! If you are an energetic professional with a passion for learning
and development and have 3 or more years experience in Corporate
Training or related experience then we want to hear from you!
Jabil Circuit, Inc. is expanding our Human Development team and is hiring Instructional Designers. The Instructional Designer (ID) Designer will enable the Organization Effectiveness Manager, Development Coaches, and L&D Manager to support various functional areas and sites in their Talent Development strategies. The successful ID will act as a consultant to the functional areas and sites on training solutions that meet business needs and are instructionally sound. In addition, IDs will develop solutions for a variety of functional areas and should therefore be able to apply ID principles to all situations (versus being a SME in a particular area). Duties include executing all aspects of the ADDIE* process as well as Needs Assessment and Project Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct a needs assessment.
- Design a curriculum or program.
- Identify appropriate solution (s) for instructional program.
- Develop instructional materials in a variety of media.
- Develop performance based assessments.
- Plan and manage instructional design projects.
- Analyze target populations and environments.
- Implement eLearning solutions on the LMS and Implement ILT solutions through a Train-the-Trainer or other delivery preparation method.
- Evaluate and assess instruction and its impact.
- Provide for the effective implementation of instructional products and programs.
- Act in a consultative role with business partners on effective learning solutions.
- Develop instruction that reflects an understanding of the diversity of learners and groups of learners.
- Work with a variety of personality styles to accomplish Learning and Development goals.
- Interface with vendors in both RFP processes and design projects
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following experience:
- Experience in analysis such as needs assessments, learner analysis, and job task analysis.
- Effective project management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects varying in scope and priority.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to partner and consult across a variety of functions and organizational levels.
- Ability to determine appropriate training solutions including media selection and when to seek vendor solutions.
- Experience performing Level 1 and 2 evaluations required, Level 3 preferred.
- Proficiency in eLearning authoring tools such as Lectora, Captivate, Flash, Dreamweaver, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Masters Degree preferred.
- Degree in related field (Adult Learning, Instructional Design, HR development etc) preferred.
- 3+ years experience developing training solutions required, preferably in Corporate Training and Education or Communications field.
- Experience applying all steps in the ADDIE model.
- Experience developing in a variety of instructional media including virtual classroom, face-to-face, simulation, eLearning, self-paced, job-aids, etc.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and Powerpoint) and e-mail skills required.
Jabil Circuit, Inc. offers comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, 401K, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Assistance, and much more!
This position is located on site in St. Petersburg, FL.
Jabil Circuit, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Be the first to reply
This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.