Looking for toughest Interview questions for instructional design position.

Jun 16, 2015

I know this thread has been posted many times from our fellow members. However, this time, I am looking for the toughest ISD question that gives you a pause (aaaaaaaaaaaaa) before answering it. It will be great if you state the answer as well. 

Please list down the toughest ISD questions. So, people like us who are preparing for interviews will be aware and know how to respond to such questions. 

3 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Mohammed,

I wrote an article a while back that may be useful to you called Top 4 Tips for Interviewing an Instructional Designer. Questions #2 and #4 are some real toughies! While there is no real "right" or "wrong" way to answer these questions, they will certainly give you insight into the way the person thinks and works, which will allow you to determine whether they are a good fit.

I would also recommend reading this article by Nicole Legault on the 4 Skills Every E-Learning Developer Needs to Have. Keeping these skills in mind will ensure that you choose someone that has the skill set necessary to get the job done.

Best of luck in your search! 

Mohammad  Hassam

Thanks Allison for sharing your article and recommendation. Question 2 and 4 are really toughies. However, I also would like to share some links I took from different sites. Some of the questions are really tough and challenging. Not all of them are related with Instructional design but as you mentioned that there is no real right or wrong way to answer. You need to make your own story based on your skills. 

o Toughest questions 1
Toughest questions Forbes 2
Smart Questions and Answers

I always love to see the last link the when I am preparing myself for an interview because the answers there are written very smartly. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.