Moving from SL 2 to 360...

Oct 12, 2017

Hey all! Not sure if I'm in the right place to pose this question, but here goes! I finally got my employer to consider upgrading to 360. I have read all the features and benefits, I played around with it, and can confidently present the reasons why my life would be easier with an upgrade. What I'm looking for are some real-life examples of how your lives have been made easier by upgrading. Did it save time and how much? Did you find compatibility to be better? How much better do your courses look (obviously, I'm sure they're amazing now). :) Basically anything you can share about why making the switch was a good idea!  Thanks!

2 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jillian,

It looks like you initially posted it in the Articulate Online section of ELH (focused on our version of an LMS).  I moved it over for you to this section so that more users who are instructional designers and have done the upgrade would see it and offer advice. 

Also, I'd suggest starting a trial of Articulate 360 - that way you can upgrade your courses and see how easy it is! 

Joe Waddington

Hi Jillian -

One of my selling points was the ability to create closed captions in SL360. Working for a state agency, accessibility is critical. In order to have closed captions in SL2, I had to use an outside program to create them and import it as a video into my course. It was time consuming, and meant using another program. Now, with SL360, (especially after the recent update) I can create the closed captions easily within the program.

We also got the team liscense so that if any of our team members left, we didn't have to buy a new license. 

I just recently used Articulate Review to demo and get final SME approval with our course. It worked great, and was very easy for everyone to use.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.