Opportunity for Instructional Designer in sunny Tucson, AZ
For full description and to apply, go to the PMI website.
Pima Medical Institute is the largest independently-owned, private allied health school in the United States. Its growing online division includes certificate, associate and bachelor degree programs servicing the higher education needs of the health care community.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collaborates with geographically-distributed subject matter experts to prepare high-quality, engaging and interactive online course modules for academic delivery.
- Edits and organizes electronic information to create high-quality course content that is suited to the adult online learner.
- Produces instructional materials, including video, graphics, animations, and interactive media elements.
- Conducts quality assurance reviews of courses and other instructional materials.
- Consults with Online Education Coordinator, Program Directors, and Online Education Director for course development timelines.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited school in curriculum design, instructional design, or a related field and a minimum of at least two years of instructional design experience building online learning modules.
- Experience with the design, development and implementation of online course delivery in a higher education setting.
- Experience with the use of Web 2.0 technologies to support learning. Knowledge of rubrics and course assessments.
- Submission of an e-portfolio will be requested prior to an interview.