Publish Settings for Cornerstone On Demand
My question is regarding how Storyline course complete/quiz results are displayed and updated in Cornerstone On Demand.
We have a course with a quiz. The passing score is set at 80% on the results slide in Storyline. On the results slide, we have a submit results trigger and a course complete trigger.
We'd like quiz results to update on repeat attempts, even after the course has been marked "Completed" in the LMS. Right now, once the course is marked "Completed" the score stops updating.
Currently, if the learner scores 80% and passes the quiz, the LMS reports the course as "Completed" with a score of 80%. That's great, but if the learner repeats the course and scores 90%, the LMS doesn't update with the higher score.
Currently, our LMS displays attempt results like this:
- Attempt #1: Storyline: score 0%, quiz failed // LMS status: “In Progress”, Score “0%”
- Attempt #2: Storyline: score 40%, quiz failed // LMS status: “In Progress”, Score “40%”
- Attempt #3: Storyline: score 80%, quiz passed // LMS status: “Completed”, Score “80%”
- Attempt #4: Storyline: score 100%, quiz passed // LMS status: “Completed”, Score “80%” (NOT UPDATED)
What publish/reporting/tracking settings would you recommend to achieve these results:
- Always record score
- Always update score with highest score
- Mark complete regardless of pass or fail
- Show on Storyline results slide: score & pass or fail layer