Question for the Community
Jun 01, 2014
Let me first start out by saying thank you. This community has been so helpful (blogs, forums and tutorials). Yesterday I graduated from the University of Massachusetts Boston with a Masters of Education in Instructional Design. I currently work as an Instructional Technology Coordinator, but plan on making a career in the ID field eventually. In the meantime I feel I should develop my ID technical skills and build a portfolio up. Below I've listed a few skills I want to tackle right away.
- Improve Storyline skills (consider myself novice)
- Graphic Design (Photoshop, Illustrator)
My questions for the community.
- How do I get entry level work?
- Do I offer my skills pro bono to non-profits?
- Are there online sites looking for volunteer ID work?
- What should my online portfolio contain?
- If I do freelance work, should I form a business entity right away or wait?
- What technical skills do you recommend I start developing?
I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions. Thank you all.