What's in your tool belt?
Specifically what technical skills do you have in your tool belt?
I have a professional background in Information Technology and recently acquired my Master's in Instructional Design. The Master's helped me out with Learning Theory and Models, but it didn't offer much opportunity to develop my technical skills to share in a portfolio. I recently decided to start adding more technical skills to my belt. Currently I doing refresher courses on HTML/CSS, and may attempt a few others. I want a portfolio that is attractive to companies.
I want to make a career change and move into the elearning field. What technical skills would you prioritize?
- video editing (software of choice)
- graphic design (software of choice)
- voice/sound recording (software of choice)
- animation (software of choice)
- rapid-learning software (Storyline, Captivate, etc.)
- Screencasting (software of choice)
- Presentation Design (software of choice)
- LMS/CMS (Software of Choice)