Quiz Questions for Bloom's Recall level
If I'm creating a course that's teaching at the "recall" level of Bloom's Taxonomy, I'm finding it difficult to create good quiz questions.
The biggest issue I have is that the nature of the interaction relies on recognition, but I need to test recall. By that I mean, I usually have to have the learner select the correct answer from a list of choices. That means they don't have to remember the answer, just recognize it when they see it.
For example, I have a short e-course that presents 5 best practices for good meetings. I've got a few questions simulating setting up a meeting notice, but I'd like to just make sure they can recall these five practices.
I'm thinking fill in the blank questions might be good for this, but I'm worried about variations and errors in spelling, abbreviations, and phrasing.
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Here are the 5 best practices, by the way:
- Make every meeting count: right participants, frequency and duration.
- Hold 50 minute meetings to allow for quick catch-ups and travel time.
- Have meeting agendas and we stick to them.
- Leverage technology to reach participants simply and promote meeting flexibility
- Use presentations effectively.