Should I do it? What am I missing?
Hey everyone, wondering if you think this would be a good idea....hole myself up in a remote cabin for a while and knock out something spectacular? What's missing?
Have a rough outline for "Designing e-Learning Scenarios" Course
Will teach you how to (no specific order, just key ideas)
- Come up with realistic options for a scenario
- Keep scenario focused on what people actually need to do
- Figure out what business problem you need to have to solve
- Connect your scenario to a business goal or problem
- Stop the guessing game of what people will find engaging
- Get everyone on your team ready to develop scenarios with the right mindset
- Make your scenarios relevant and useful to employees
- Work with your SME to extract good scenario content
- Get good at scenarios without overwhelm
- Introduce scenarios to your organization
- How to use emotions and story to create learning that sticks
I will deconstruct scenario's that are already out there to connect each step to a real life example (e.g. Broken Co-Worker)
Lesson Plan - proposed flow of actionables and micro lessons
Module 1: Introduction
Figure out the business problem.
Decide how a scenario will solve this problem.
Module 2: How are you going to assess success?
Draft Solid Goals
Write out the process of acquiring this skill.
Decide on assessment and performance metrics
Bonus: How to use Spaced Learning with scenarios to get 5X the ROI
Module 3: How to draft good, bad and neutral paths?
Draft your first scenario
Add context and challenge
Revisit scenario and double down on consequences
Amp up emotion - integrate storytelling components
Module 4: Build and Test
Build out a scenario for test users to work through
Decide the minimum amount of content needed
How to manage supplementary resources (PDF’s, etc.)
Launch & Gather Feedback and Results
Anything else - specific topics or ideas that need more consideration?
Let me know what you think! Thanks very much for checking this out :)