Show Next Button When Score =100

Sep 27, 2022

Hi community,

Can you help me with something here? I need the "Next" button to appear only when the quiz is passed at 100%. I've tried a few things like conditions and can't figure it out. 

File attached. Can you either show me in the file and reupload or be very, very detailed. 

Thank you!

3 Replies
Bianca Woods

Hi Kathleen. I think I have a solution that works and have attached an updated version of the project file.

If you check the triggers on Slide 1.17, you can see the changes I made. I took out the ones I believe you added and tried a different approach with two new triggers.

Screenshot of two triggers in the Storyline 360 trigger panel. The first sets the state of the next button to disabled if someone has scored less than 100% on the quiz. The second lets the user click the next button to go to the next slide only if they

The first new trigger changes the state of the next button to disabled when the timeline starts on the slide ONLY IF the learner hasn't scored 100% on the quiz. The second lets users select the next button to move to the next slide ONLY IF they've scored 100% on the quiz.

When I tested this solution it seemed to work on my end. Let me know if it works for you.

Two notes though:

1) In the original file, most of the quiz questions were set to give learners unlimited attempts to get each question right. So it was almost impossible to fail the quiz. I changed all the questions to give learners just one attempt to get it right so I could test the results screen for both passing and failing. If you want to give learners more chances than that, you'll need to adjust the settings for each question.

2) The current passing score for the quiz is 80%, but the conditions you're applying to the next button are for scoring 100%. You may want to adjust the passing score to 100% or the next button triggers to 80% so this isn't confusing for your learners.

I hope this works and let me know if you have any questions!