Studio 360: Best way for multiple translations

Jul 21, 2017

Hi all,

I'm considering a different design for a course with multiple translations. I was wondering if any of this is easier with the latest Studio 360 release.

Normally, I'd have each translation as a set of slides in the course and the first slide would be a menu to branch you down your language of choice. Obviously this can make for a large course file size and a menu that shows too much.

1. Is there any feature to add a variable in the latest presenter to hide the unused language slides from the menu based on the user's branching path? I know that can be done in Storyline, but I'm trying to keep it in presenter for now. For that matter, is there a way to dynamically translate the player skin buttons?

2. I've heard of similar scenarios were the slide 1 menu is actually a shell for containing multiple other courses. Does anyone have experience on how to implement that design in an LMS and have it track appropriately? I believe the best logic there is to have the SCORM / assessments in that shell course, but that seems less secure in terms of making sure they actually completed the course and understood the content.

3. Are there any more dynamic ways to change languages on the fly?

Thanks!

2 Replies
Nicole Legault

Hey there, 

Thanks for posting your question here in the E-Learning Heroes forums! Designing a course for multiple languages can definitely be a unique challenge. In terms of your questions, I do have an answer for the first question... and the answer would be that no, there is no ability to add a variable in Presenter, that's only possible in Storyline as you mentioned.

Additionally, here are some articles about how you can translate Studio 360 content: Translating Content in Articulate Studio '13

In terms of your second question sadly I can't help in that area! But hopefully someone else from the community might pop in and help out with that one. Hope this info has been helpful for you :) Best of luck with this project!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.