Today's BRILLIANT "Google Doodle" (October 15th 2012)

Oct 15, 2012

An absolutely BRILLIANT "click me" interaction

Motion paths and layers anyone?

Bruce

13 Replies
Ryan Martin

Interesting, and, yet another great way to present content/story online.

As I was getting inspired and thinking about the scrolling and presentation of comic panels, it hit me this is like brokencoworker.com ... from a technical point (scrolling, showing hidden panels, etc.)

I haven't thought much more about this way of presenting since, but the Google/McCay example is peaking my interest again for sure. I do love the comics.

I look forward to see if others try presenting courses or "learning stories" this way.

Great find Bruce.

Bruce Graham

Ryan Martin said:

Interesting, and, yet another great way to present content/story online.

As I was getting inspired and thinking about the scrolling and presentation of comic panels, it hit me this is like brokencoworker.com ... from a technical point (scrolling, showing hidden panels, etc.)

I haven't thought much more about this way of presenting since, but the Google/McCay example is peaking my interest again for sure. I do love the comics.

Me too...

I have about several hundred mb of "Comic book" related courses for one client coming together - 4 modules so far. Phil and I are having a lot of fun with an illustrator, trying to push the boundaries a little, while creating "acceptable" corporate eLearning 

Bruce

Anna Veach

In my experience, companies don't fall in love with informal layouts because they might take longer to develop, cost more and it's not easy to see what is being assessed. While learning should be made fun it should also be clear that specific objectives are being reviewed and assessed. That's why it's up to us to show them how each scenario or layout presents the same information in a new and exciting way, which in the end engages the user/learner more and results in better feedback and retention of information (which is the ultimate goal).

Bruce Graham

Anna,

I do not think "informal" has to be expensive or complex, and so long as we take account of normal building techniques can be quick and easy. You are right - our job is to sell to clients.

I think may companies shy away from it because:

1> They think everything MUST look like the corporate PowerPoint, they mistake similar "look and feel" (font and colours etc.) for "content" (how it leaves people feeling, and what they have learned).

2> Some fear anything that is "new".

3> Some fear anything that is new especially if it is a 3rd-party contractor/freelancer that is suggesting it! 

One could still create some learning like the Google, have a quiz, and have it remembered, which is more than a lot of corporate eLearning!

Bruce

PS - I had never heard of "Little Nemo" until today...

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.