Using Articulate 360 as a Tool While Presenting

Aug 28, 2018

I am running into a roadblock on a project that I am currently working on. I have been requested to convert a PowerPoint into a Storyline or Studio for our training team to leverage while training employees. We want to upload the presentation into our LMS but currently we do not have the infrastructure to have participants engage in e-Learning; the training must be facilitated. 

The problem that I am running into is that a timeline based presentation is not always best for presenting. (i.e: slides that have bullets that need to be discussed; with 8 different trainers at different locations, the pace will need to be different for each individual.) Ideally we want one presentation that can be housed in our LMS that can not be edited prior to being presented.

I am wondering is anyone has a trick to make it so that our presenters have control over the timing of animations, similar to PowerPoint, or any tricks or tips on how to make this happen. 

Ideally I would not like to use PowerPoint due to the want of our client but from the side of the presenters it makes more sense. 

I appreciate any input! 

Thanks

3 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Lance!

Why don't you try using things like tabs interactions instead of bullet points, so learners can click on them at their own pace? Here are some good templates you could use as a starting point:

I hope that helps!

Sam Lincoln

Sorry Lance, I'm not in a position to provide a visual demonstration but could you incorporate a 'next animation' button somewhere unobtrusive on the slide that the presenter can tap on to reveal the next animation?

You'd need to set up some triggers and variables to make it work I guess; but that way each presenter can present buttons at their own discretion/timing rather than relying on a timed animation which would be the same for all.

This could either reveal objects on the base slide or sequentially reveal items on layers (you can select whether or not to prevent other layers being hidden to build the right effect).

In other words, the presenter is acting in the same way as a learner working individually by doing something on the screen that triggers a number of revealed objects, bullet points etc.

Dopes that help?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.