Certificate of Completion

Jan 28, 2013

Hi folks

I want to be able to let users fill in their names and print out the results showing their names.  I followed the instructions provided on this tutorial page (http://community.articulate.com/tutorials/products/adding-result-slides.aspx), turned on "Allow user to print results" and "Prompt the user for their name before printing" in the Result slide settings, but it does not seem to be working the way I thought it would.  1. Do I need to go to the "Print" option in the web brower to print out the result page?  How come I do not see the name in the header section of the page?

Are there any place within the Articulate website where I can find a bunch of certificate templates designed for Articulate?

Any advice would be appreciated.

15 Replies
Peter Anderson

Hi Jin!

Can you provide a little more detail about what is happening when you use the Print results feature? Articulate software does not currently support certificates of completion. However, you may be able to modify the report.html file in your published output (which is used for the Print Results feature in Storyline and Quizmaker) to make it look like a certificate. Here's how. 

Jin Hiya

Thanks for your reply, Peter.  What happens is as I turn on "Allow user to print results" and "Prompt the user for their name before printing" options in the Result slide settings, the name prompt box pops up as I click on the "Print Results" box just as I expecte.  But as I type my name in the box and hit OK, I am not going anywhere from there.  I thought I would be able to print out the results with my name on it as I type my name in the box and hit OK.  What am I doing wrong?  Also, is there any way I could display today's date on the result page, which shows the current date all the time?

Thanks for your help!

Anthony  Cottrell

There a many many requests from Articulate customers for the ability to provide a Completion Certificate and it looks like a lot of frustration from people trying to play with output files and code in desperation to achieve something that can be presented/downloaded.

Surely, you would think with the sizable investment required to purchase Articulate that there would be a very simple plugin/feature developed by Articulate by now... particularly if Articulate are listening to the requests that have apparently been presented for years.

Has anyone please got an update on the best way to provide a Certificate of Completion ?

Anthony  Cottrell

Peter ... You made my day... thank you !!!

Now that was relatively easy.     Again you would think a simple plugin offered by Articulate would assist those who just wish to design courses rather than digging into code.

But I really appreciate your help and in a few hours I now have a great certificate.

Again thank you for pointing out Steve's certificate. 

alan hurren

Steves certificate has some advantages but if I remember correctly there are issues accessing system variables. My solution is to create a results certificate on the results page. Setting the player up to maximise the frame and use "CTRL P".

The Next and Prev buttons can be removed (Leaving the speaker) and the background coloured the same as the frame. Any picture or graphic elements can be added as background. It's not ideal but it is simple. However this is an issue that Articulate needs to tackle to allow a professional certificate to be printed (Preferably A4 size)

Alison L Coops

Alan, your certificate won't have the user's name, will it?

I'm working in Articulate Quizmaker '13, not Storyline, and I have been unable to get a customized certificate to work.  I had resigned myself to accepting the ugly Print Results page.  But I need to publish the course to CD, and when I try to print results from there, the title is "Results2" instead of the name of the course.  I don't think it could get any worse than that.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.