Forum Discussion

PaulLee-9ff971c
Community Member
2 months ago

AICC conversion freezes quiz question

Hi, We have just had our RISE360 e-learning course converted to AICC (Not sure what that is as its outside my skillset) and one of the quiz questions - An 'alignment' quiz question where you drag the answer to the right place; and for some reason the question freezes and the SUMBIT button doesn't work. I'm being chase by the NHS in the UK for an answer.. so please can someone help? It works in the in SCORM version but not the AICC ???   p.s. I checked the forum for AICC queries but they go back years and don't address this.... Hope someone can help.....

• Hi Paul,

Sorry to hear about the trouble with the Rise quiz. I'm happy to help!

AICC is a set of specifications designed by the Aviation Industry Computer-Based Training Committee (AICC) so learning technology vendors can spread their costs across multiple markets. This LMS standard is a bit dated compared to SCORM and other standards. Some LMSs may no longer support it, or you may encounter issues stemming from the aging AICC specification and modern web browser security.

Since your Rise quiz works well when published in SCORM, your LMS may not be AICC-compliant. Can you confirm that with your LMS administrator? You may also reach out to your IT team to help test whether your AICC-published course will work in another LMS, such as SCORM Cloud, to establish whether the problem is specific to your LMS.

We can also help with the testing if you can share your published AICC course here or privately in a support case. We'll delete it when we're done testing.